This drives traffic to your site and brings more customers to your online business. With more and more products and services being ordered online, this means that traffic driven to your blog has the potential to be converted to a sale.
However, it is not quite as easy as it sounds. While blogs can be an effective marketing tool, simply churning out low-quality content that holds no value will simply not work. Search engine algorithms have changed over recent years and are concerned with bringing the most relevant blogs and content to search users. Tactics like duplicate blogs or articles that are stuffed with keywords will be quickly identified as low quality and may actually hurt the overall rank and domain authority of your site.
If you are not a great writer and don’t want to prepare blogs yourself, then outsourcing to professional writing service is a great way to go. Expert writers can generate blogs for your chosen topics and make sure things like on-page SEO and keywords are used appropriately.
- Time-saving: Even if you have the ability to write blogs, you may not have the available time. Using a service to handle writing on your behalf can free up hours in your week that can be used for other business tasks. Most blogs require some level of research or fact-checking so outsourcing blog writing to someone else can relieve you of the burden.
- Quality content: Some business users outsource their blogs simply because they do not have the necessary skills or creative flair needed to produce quality posts by themselves. Having a writer create content for you means you can expect good-quality posts. You can still provide a brief and topic titles to get the blogs that you need but by outsourcing, you will be able to provide your audience with well-written content that is easy to read.
- Fresh perspectives: Constantly writing blog posts, can lead to things getting a little stale or repetitive over time. By outsourcing to a new writer, you will be using someone who can present a different perspective on the subject or even your industry, breathing life into your blogs as content is prepared from a fresh and original angle. This can help you to keep your audience engaged and interested.
- Organic traffic: A huge bonus of adding quality blogs to your website is the traffic gained from people finding your content. Blogs can drive a high quantity of organic traffic to your site and as most marketers know, organic traffic has a higher potential to convert than other forms of traffic. Keeping a steady flow of fresh blogs that are updated regularly can drive a steady stream of users to your site.
There are also some other revenue options which can be used to monetize blogs like adding affiliate links or using ads, and blogs can even reduce and even replace the cost of PPC click ads as your blog grows over time.
Having a company blog means that you can provide value to your audience. Things like how-to guides, news, and new products all give informative information to your users who are searching for the answers to their questions. Each day thousands of people are browsing the internet seeking advice or details about a particular subject, having a blog means that you can capitalize and capture this traffic.
- Each month, approximately 409 million people view more than 20 billion pages.
- About 70 million posts are published each month by WordPress users.
- 77 million new blog comments are generated by readers each month.
- The average blog post takes 3.5 hours to write.
- Bloggers who write articles of 2,000+ words are far more likely to have strong results.
- 36% of readers prefer list-based headlines.
- Websites that also have a blog are shown to have 434% more indexed pages.
- Companies who blog get 97% more links to their websites.
- Blogs have been rated as the 5th most trustworthy source for gathering online information.
- 77% of internet users read blogs.
- Internet users in the US spend 3X more time on blogs than they do on email.
With statics like this, it is easy to see that blogs are a powerful marketing and traffic acquisition tool for business users. Companies who have added a blog to their site receive twice as much traffic on average than companies that don’t, so the benefits are worth the time. In fact, marketers who prioritize blogs as a promotional tool are 13 times more likely to see a return on their investment.
Outsourcing your blogs
Before deciding on a company use, do some research to see what other clients are saying. Reading reviews and feedback is a good way to assess the company’s ability and reputation before you commit to working with them. Also, check things like turnaround times and communication channels in case work needs to be back by a deadline or you need customer support.
Outsourcing blog writing means you can benefit from time, traffic, and affordable rates. But how do you find a good blog writer? You could look for a freelancer, which can sometimes create problems in terms of quality and reliability, or you could use a reliable blog writing service. Finding a good company to write your blogs means that they should be able to demonstrate their understanding of your blogging needs, and have the ability to work from a provided title or a content brief; crafting pieces that align with your brand message and company voice.
If you are considering starting a blog or want to outsource writing work, then get started in just a couple of clicks at Smarcomms.